Senior Android Developer
Senior Android Developer #1026
We are seeking a very strong Android Developer. This role requires being passionate about developing, prototyping and staying current on emerging technologies. The candidate should have willingness of creating next generation Android applications and have been a part of establishing and maintaining best practices, coding standards, mobile architecture and mentoring others.
Experience and Education:
- 2+ years in native Android Development
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- IOS experience a plus
- Successful applications released to the Google Play or Amazon App Market.
- A record of working in open source environyments a plus
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Experience with RESTful Networking: (Retrofit/OKHttp), RXJava
- Unit Testing: JUnit, Robolectric, Mockito
- Experience with Android data persistence, developing layouts for multiple devices, working with Content Providers and Services.
- Experience in other mobile platform development, open source environment, JSON/XML for client-server communication, digital video (compression, packaging, distribution), high version control skills, with emphasis on git.
- Self managing, responsible and well organized.
- Experience with web or backend technologies - plus. (Ruby on rails, React).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Development of rich Android applications that are utilized by high volumes of users.
- Design and develop Java based SDK that is used by other developers.
- Experience in both research and design of various frameworks and end-user, components and will use your familiarity with recent technologies and practices to be developed systems and integrate them into existing ones.
- Develop sustainable and scalable mobile applications efficiently.
- Assist with tools and technology evaluations that will dictate the execution for team/projects.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis.
- Sustain current mobile projects as well as deliver solutions for incidents or outages.
- Be a member of the R&D team practicing agile development methods
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Perm
Education: Four (4) year degree in related field or equivalent experience
Experience: 2+ years
Job Ref #: 1026
Location: Miami, FL