Big Data Developer
Big Data Developer #1147
Our client is looking for an outstanding Big Data Developer to join their growing Information Technology Team. The ideal candidate should be a great developer with an analytical mind that enjoys working on a fast-paced team. This person will create and support complex algorithms to optimize high performance clusters and will work with more than a petabyte of data.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable experience
- 4+ years with data ingestion, analysis, integration, and design
- 3+ years utilizing relational concepts, RDBMS systems, and data design techniques
- 3+ years as an ETL developer using an enterprise tool such as Ab Initio, SSIS and/or Informatica
- 2+ years in software development with strong programming skills
- Understanding of how data will be used in the end product
- Experience moving systems from middleware to data (a plus)
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Big Data
- Linux/Unix platform
- Perl, Python, Ruby or Shell
- Solid computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- Strong analytical skills
- Big Data Solutions/ Distributed Data Processing
- Large non-relational databases
- Data compatibilities
- Data Density
- Unit testing
- Ability to handle large volumes and variations of data
- Knowledge of test driven development, continuous integration and release management
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop algorithms, perform data analysis and data validation
- Convert specifications to detailed instructions and logical steps to follow for coding.
- Build program code, test and deploy in different servers or computer equipment.
- Provide user support and problem solving – research, results, and analyze logs in search of causes and correct problems identified programs.
- Enjoying being challenged and to solve complex data problems on a daily basis.
- Document the programs developed, logic, coding and corrections
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Perm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience: 3+ years
Job Reference #: 1147
Location: Boca Raton, FL