Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
DevOps Engineer #1112
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join a fast growing team that can help design a scalable architecture on AWS using a container cluster management platform. The candidate possesses experience in configuration management and continuous integration and deployment.
Experience and Education:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting systems in a fast-paced environment using a micro services based architecture.
- 3+ years of experience working on a high volume website.
- Proficiency in Linux server administration.
- A deep and abiding love for building scalable, high performance systems.
- Experience with a scripting language like bash, ruby, python or node.
- Self-starter, able to work with little or no supervision.
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Deis, Rancher or similar
- CoreOS, Mesosphere or similar Linux container OS
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration tools
- Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Managing AWS
- ELK, Splunk or similar
- Familiarity with Node.js
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of one of our development teams where you will be involved in the analysis, design, implementation, and support for applications and systems.
- Provide administration to virtualized server, virtualization technologies.
- Maintain continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployment along with release management.
- Ability to automate routine administration tasks.
- Monitor system performance and log data; look for precursors to issues before they become bigger issues.
- Stay up-to-date on all recent and upcoming devops tools.
- Write scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams to resolve scalability challenges.
- Work within an opensource Node.js environment.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 1112
Location: Boca Raton, FL
- About Ranger
- Contact Us