Manual QA Tester
Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
Manual QA Tester
Manual QA Tester #1107
Our client is looking for an experienced Manual QA Tester for an exciting role with one of South Florida’s largest companies.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years QA experience
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience
- 3+ years experience performing SQL queries for reporting
- Experience with Linux command line
- Experience operating within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Highly proficient with UAT and functional testing
- Experience working with Jira or other project management software
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Experience with different source/revision control methodologies, such as SVN/GIT
- Scalability/Redundancy/High volume environments
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Solid understanding of Software QA and Software development processes and methodologies - especially with working in an Agile environment with continuous integration/continuous delivery best practices.
- Reviewing use cases/functional requirements
- Write detailed defect tickets.
- Isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Using set quality assurance methodologies, you will collaborate with product managers, developers, and other quality assurance engineers to Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, test device, etc
- Execute and evaluate manual and or automated test cases and report test results in a timely manner.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Executes system testing, functional testing, negative testing, ad hoc testing, integration testing and database testing.
- Guides and participates in user acceptance test tasks.
- Provide 2nd level customer support.
- Document workflow and work procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Contract
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 1107
Location: Miami, FL
- About Ranger
- Contact Us