Network / Systems Engineer
Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
Network / Systems Engineer
Network / Systems Engineer #935
We are seeking dynamic individuals who will commit to using their technology and leadership abilities to research, design, implement, monitor, and manage information technology solutions to improve achievement and operational efficiencies.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Network / Systems engineering
- The ability to lead a team
- Supervised network operations activities
- The ability to monitor and report on network performance and activity
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- An advanced knowledge of a variety of networking technologies.
- WAN, WLAN and LAN
- The ability to maintain firewall, virtual private network, and web
- The ability to perform network technology design
- The ability to perform architecture reviews
- The ability to maintain email security programs
- The ability to maintain protocols
- The ability to maintain security
- A solid understanding of network-based security attack vectors and remediation techniques
- Familiarity with currently deployed network systems including Cisco switching
- HP switching
- Fortinet NGFW
- F5 Load Balancer
- PeerApp Network Optimization
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Research, design, implement, monitor, and manage information technology solutions to improve achievement and operational efficiencies.
- Set the direction of network communications that are secure and enable the business to be successful in all new builds, data center communications, Internet Services, Wireless Services and all communication infrastructure.
- Manage, configure, test, implement network solutions, document and educate the support model for both simple and complex configurations.
- Resolve outages or network latency issues using expert level technical troubleshooting by isolating the issue to help reduce downtime and increase mean time to repair (MTTR). Use tools to help the other IT disciplines trouble shoot application issues. Serve as primary network contact for all security issues and data breach network forensics.
- Provide short term planning for the tactical approach to business challenges. Meet with business owners to understand and assist define direction based on the network infrastructure capabilities. Select and guide business vendors to the right solutions that help meet company objectives.
- Assist Manager, Network Services in leading, administering, and representing the Network and Security teams.
- Mentor and guide the other Network Team members and help ensure smooth and constant communication with the IT Security team as well as the other IT disciplines.
Job Type: Direct Hire Perm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 935
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
- About Ranger
- Contact Us