Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
Project Manager #1057
As a member of the Engineering Project Management team the Project Manager provides support for the department’s and company’s strategic objectives. This includes project planning, with a focus on budgets and schedules. This individual will also support the processes of procurement, fulfillment, and ensure successful execution of project plans. The Project Manager will conduct ongoing risk assessments and work with the clients and vendors to mitigate any identified risks. The Project Manager coordinates resources required for each project to ensure an acceptable completion of each project.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years’ project management experience
- Experience managing multiple projects at once
- Formal training/certification (PMI) preferred but not required
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Traditional and/or Agile project management methodologies
- Theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and Excel
- JIRA and AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma / Lean preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Team building
- Attention to detail and ability to handle complexities
- Time management skills
- Client relationship development
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple projects, deliverables, milestones, schedules, and budgets simultaneously
- Lead project meetings, including project kick-off, status, coordination, and update meetings.
- Take & distribute meeting minutes, create weekly progress reports, and other communications.
- Identify and partner with stakeholders for project due diligence and subsequent acceptance.
- Participate and facilitate the defining of projects’ scopes and deliverables.
- Create work breakdown structures of deliverables.
- Coordinate with Sourcing & Procurement for management of bid process and purchases.
- Generate and manage projects’ budgets and schedules.
- Track and ensure necessary resources are allocated
- Follow and manage change control processes track potential change orders.
- Conduct regular risk assessments as it relates to timeliness and deliverables.
- Anticipate obstacles and risks, notify of potentially critical situations.
- Utilize creative problem solving techniques and provide solutions whenever possible.
- Manage punch-list and project close-out processes.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained and updated with adequate details (drawings, bids, invoices, etc.)
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Direct Hire
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years’ project management experience
Experience: 5+ years without Bachelor’s
Job Reference #: 1057
Location: Miami, FL
- About Ranger
- Contact Us