Sr. Software Engineer
Ranger's ultimate goal is to custom match a career path to each IT
professional that is rewarding on a personal, professional and financial level
Sr. Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer #1042
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with a solid background in the full life cycle development of Class I and II medical devices, which includes architectural design, interface design, analysis and simulation, prototyping, design assurance testing, development through production release, and product maintenance. We are looking for someone who is recognized as a technical leader and resource in their field. This is an opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact in all phases of the application development lifecycle.
You will be responsible for full life cycle development of Class I and II medical devices, which includes architectural design, interface design, analysis and simulation, prototyping, design assurance testing, development through production release, and product maintenance.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline required; MS preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant product development experience is required
- Extensive experience with Web Services and Client/Server architecture
- Current or former role acting as a lead developer of a large scale multi-layer design including architectural design, implementation and test.
- Experience with, knowledge of and discipline in standard System Development Lifecycle practices including translation of business requirements into a System Design document, Source Code Version Control (Subversion, Git, etc.), and maintenance.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience conducting and participating in Code Review sessions
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation, hardware debuggers, software development environments and debugging tools, static code analysis, network protocols and hardware interfaces.
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Android programming
- Multi-threading design, implementation and management
- C/C++ object oriented programming.
- Ability to optimize data management (SQL) for robustness and scalability
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and system optimization
- Experience with UI toolsets
- Unit Test Creation and working with continuous Integration environments
- Agile environment (Scrum, Lean or XP)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Full Lifecycle development of key server side components/connectivity.
- Primary contributor to achieve integration into HIS systems (DICOM, HL7, HIPAA, EMR, etc.) and system communication design and implementation.
- Full lifecycle development of system security.
- Primary contributor to video streaming management
- Design optimization through modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Responsible for Software Design and Development SOP in compliance with relevant governing standards, including verification validation planning and implementation.
- Leader in development optimization through lean and agile methods.
- Co-development with in-house and contract developers in distributed development environment.
- Help manage source code repository, development environment, defect tracking system.
- Provide expert consultation in one or more areas of design, development, and implementation of technical products or systems.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support design history file deliverables for assigned projects, adhering to design control procedures.
- Provide Regulatory department technical support for assigned projects as needed.
- Support Marketing and Product Management with technical information to be used for training and marketing of assigned products.
- Support surgeon and distributor customers by training and/or educating on technical aspects of assigned products as needed.
- Report progress and status of assigned projects on a timely basis with emphasis on reporting results to Director of Engineering.
- Some required domestic travel to support customer installation and visit. International travel may be required.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: Perm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 7+ years
Job Reference #: 1042
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- About Ranger
- Contact Us