In this role, you will be the primary specialist for all infrastructure related to Windows Systems & Servers. This role is critical in that it supports the infrastructure related to the organizations core product and services. In addition, you will support, service, upgrade, and enhance an architecture of over 3,000 servers across multiple data centers. As the organization also moves to more cloud and automation, you will be leading all builds related to automation to enhance the company’s CI/CD and release processes. The ideal candidate will have a great vision for building Windows infrastructure and a passion for interfacing the best, yet innovation solutions that fits our client’s business strategies.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server implementation, troubleshooting and support (2012, 2016, and 2019)
- 3+ years of experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages
- 3+ years working with SCCM/Ivanti
- Experience creating and managing processes for all infrastructure builds
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- Windows Server (2012, 2016, 2019)
- Virtualization platforms (VMware and KVM)
- Microsoft Clustering
- SQL Server Solutions
- Enterprise Backup Solutions (such as Commvault)
- RESTful API’s
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Windows Active Directory
- Automation scripting
- Linux, a plus
- Self-driven and independent
- Design and implement Microsoft Solutions while collaborating with cross-functional Agile project teams.
- Pilot, test, review and implement new products and technologies that enable growth and innovation.
- Create new ideas to improve, automate, and simplify Windows operations to support operational teams.
- Administer Microsoft SCCM to support software deployments and monthly patching operations.
- Implement processes and solutions to support software deployments and security patching operations with Ivanti/SCCM.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and provide analysis on performance and stability.
- Research new technologies and implement quick proof of concepts to determine the benefit.
- Support all Windows Servers and infrastructure to then automate.
- Implement, configure, and maintain Windows Active Directory environments.
- Migrate data centers while building new servers and improving processes.
- Track ongoing support issues, find resolutions, and drive ongoing changes for the technologies and processes.
- Collaborate with other Linux System Engineers on the team.
Ranger Technical Resources is an information technology firm based in Ft. Lauderdale that has been providing IT solutions to South Florida customers since 1996. We are a unique firm in that we have 2 groups that support both our client’s needs for individual IT professionals (contract or direct hire) and technology implementation services.
Job Type: CTH
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
Experience: 5+ years
Job Reference #: 1608
Location: Boca Raton, FL